Ladies Team

Ranelagh Gaels have been in existence for five years now and to date have been quiet successful both on and off the field. This year we are keen to set up a ladies team with the hope of laying down the foundations this year and a desire to have a competitive team in 2010.

On March 30th at Smyth’s Pub, Ranelagh Gaels held our first Ladies football team meeting to see the initial level of interest. It was a massive success with 15 names signing up immediately. To date we have 21 members signed up……….but we are still looking for more players

What has happened so far

• We began training in April, one night a week in UCD just before the lads team.
  • After this initial phase it is our desire to run off some challenge games and possible mini tournaments in the summer.
  • 2010 will be the year the women’s team becomes competitive.

How could you get involved with the Gaels

• Setting up a Women’s team in the area would be a massive success for the club and should lead to further potential developments. Underage teams with schools is an idea.
  • We would have two teams supporting each other which would only enhance the clubs potential success.
  • Sponsorship nights for both codes of teams – bigger nights, working together to succeed.
  • Become a member of the committee and help enhancing the clubs profile around the catchment area.

If your interested then leave a comment on this page and we’ll contact you about training or any interest you may have getting invovled in the Ladies Team.

40 Comment(s)

1. Hi, I haven’t played in a while, use to play for a club in Laois. Hope to get back out playing.

Jill McKenna | Mar 26, 2009 @ 21:23 | Reply

2. Ladies football training in UCD Tuesday 7th April at 730pm.
    All welcome.

Barry Coogan | Apr 7, 2009 @ 09:11 | Reply

3. Well done – good training session last night despite the dreadful weather.

Barry Coogan | Apr 8, 2009 @ 10:04 | Reply

4. Hi

I would be very interested in joining, what nights do you train?

Olivia | Apr 20, 2009 @ 10:21 | Reply

5. Just moved to Dublin, played soccer years ago, but looking to get involved in a team sport to get me fit! when do you train?

Deirdre | Apr 22, 2009 @ 20:45 | Reply

6. Training this week is on Thursday at 7.30. The venue is also slightly different. We will be training on the all weather rugby pitch in UCD, which is at the other side of the sports centre to where we usually are. For those of you familiar with UCD, it’s one of the pitches beside the main hockey pitch at the back of the sports centre.

If you have any difficulty finding it feel free to give me a call on 087-2823497

Enda | May 13, 2009 @ 15:55 | Reply

7. Training this week is on Tuesday at 7.30pm. The venue is the same as last Thursday. We will be training on the all weather rugby pitch in UCD.If you familiar with UCD, it’s one of the pitches beside the main hockey pitch at the back of the sports centre.

Enda | May 18, 2009 @ 17:52 | Reply

8. Ladies, we have a Ranelagh Gaels Facebook group set up if interested. It could help in lowering the amount of testosterone currently on show.

Ronan | Jun 1, 2009 @ 21:18 | Reply

9. jus wondering if yer still taking new people on?

Patricia | Jun 18, 2009 @ 08:38 | Reply

10. @Patricia

You’re more than welcome to join us, ladies continue training on Monday in UCD at 7PM and have there first ever match Monday week against St James Gaels Monday week on their grounds.

Ronan | Jun 20, 2009 @ 20:46 | Reply

11. Hi,

Would love to come down & train Monday 29/06/09. Never played GAA before tho! Living in Ranelagh. Didn’t go to UCD so no idea where to go – Any chance i could organise a lift with someone?

Louise

Louise | Jun 23, 2009 @ 12:30 | Reply

12. Just noticed the ladies are playing a match that day – best not to turn up in UCD I suppose!

Louise | Jun 23, 2009 @ 14:28 | Reply

13. @Louise

No training on Monday but you should come watch the ladies take to the field for the first time. I’ll enquire more about lifts so check back here.

Ronan | Jun 23, 2009 @ 19:58 | Reply

14. Hi there,
    I played in school but haven’t done since. I’m keen to play again. Training on Monday 29th at 7.30pm? all weather rugby pitch?Hope match went well.

kate | Jun 26, 2009 @ 19:09 | Reply

15. @kate – @Louise

Hi,

No training today, Ladies play James’ Gaels at 7.30pm on their pitch at the Iveagh Grounds in Crumlin.

Map Link – http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_campaign=en_GB&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en_GB-ha-emea-gb-bk-gm&utm_term=road

Throw in is at 7.30pm. The plan is to meet there at 7pm.

Their manager said they were going to Rody Boland’s after the match.

Hope to see you there, even if you just want to watch.

Ronan | Jun 29, 2009 @ 09:49 | Reply

16. Lucan Sarsfields Junior LAdies Manager (Div 5), looking for a challange game in Lucan on Monday July 13th. Would ye be interested?
    Tom, 087-2774742

Tom Casserly | Jul 3, 2009 @ 08:40 | Reply

17. Hi,
    I haven’t played football in a while but am look
    in to join a club in Dublin.

Roisin

Roisin | Jul 12, 2009 @ 20:04 | Reply

18. @ Roisin

Hi, no worries most of the girls would say they haven’t played in a while so your in good company.

Training is tonight at 7:30 in UCD.
    Link to Pitch http://tiny.cc/ZVxu1

Ronan | Jul 13, 2009 @ 08:50 | Reply

19. Hi
    Interested in joining a GAA team but genuinely haven’t played since National school mini sevens competetions! Just interested in getting fit and the social side of it – is there a ‘B’ team? Are you still training in the summer?

karen | Jul 21, 2009 @ 23:15 | Reply

20. @Karen

No seconds team yet, I wouldn’t worry about when you last played. Allot of the ladies have little or no experience expect for the last 4 months, so come out to training and see what happens from there.

Also from what I have seen in Symths Pub in Ranelagh the ladies are taking the social scene more serious then the football.

*cough* 4am – You no who you are!

Ronan | Jul 22, 2009 @ 00:46 | Reply

21. Hi, just wondering if it’s too late in the season to join for training? Do you charge for training sessions in UCD? and when do you train? Thanks!

Mags | Aug 30, 2009 @ 21:07 | Reply

22. Hi Mags,

Thanks for leaving a comment on the website.

Training is at 7.30 on Monday evenings in UCD. It’s certainly not too late in the year to start training. We get new girls joining us on a regular basis. You’re more than welcome!

We charge €50 membership for the year, but no need to worry about that yet. Feel free to come along and if you enjoy it you can sort us out at a later date.

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian | Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:33 | Reply

23. Hi Brian,

Again I’m like Mags, I am interested in training, are there still room to join.

thanks
    Catherine

Catherine | Sep 8, 2009 @ 17:39 | Reply

24. Hi Catherine,

You’re more than welcome to join us. We’re now training on Tuesday nights at 8pm at the Merville pitch in UCD.

Hopw to see you there,
    Brian

Brian | Sep 9, 2009 @ 09:01 | Reply

25. Hi

I haven’t played football in years but I’d be interested in starting it up again. Just wondering whether you continue training over the winter?

Thanks

Mandy | Oct 14, 2009 @ 13:35 | Reply

26. Hi Mandy,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Unfortunately training has just finished up for the winter months.

We’re hoping to get back to it early in the new year. Keep an eye on the website for any updates.

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian | Oct 14, 2009 @ 14:02 | Reply

27. Hi there,

just wondering when yee are back training, myself and my house mate are interested in training with yee.

Thanks
    Catherine

Catherine | Jan 8, 2010 @ 10:51 | Reply

28. @Catherine

Hi Catherine we plan to be back to training in the coming weeks. The Ladies league starts in March (we think) so check back here for more details.

Ronan | Jan 8, 2010 @ 12:25 | Reply

29. Hi,
    I am hoping to join the ladies team whenever you start back training. I was just wondering what day(s) training will be on before I sign up for an evening class?

thanks,
    Maria

MARIA | Jan 11, 2010 @ 14:16 | Reply

30. Hi Maria
    The ladies will be training on Thursday nights. Training is due to commence at the start of February (Weather Permitting). Keep an eye on the website for updates

Enda | Jan 11, 2010 @ 16:06 | Reply

31. Thanks very much Enda.

Maria | Jan 11, 2010 @ 16:16 | Reply

32. Hi Barry,

I am just graduated neuromuscular therapist and looking for some work experience. Do you think I could sit in one of your training, meet you and the players?
    I am living in Ranelagh myself.

Aire | Jan 17, 2010 @ 11:35 | Reply

33. Hi, just wondering if you would be taking on any new people for the new season. I have not played before, but living in Ranelagh and would be interested in checking it out!
    Thanks,
    Maressa

Maressa | Jan 18, 2010 @ 17:19 | Reply

34. Hiya,

Would be interested in Joining your team this year. I played a lot in the past but have not played for a few years now.
    Can you let me know when you are thinking of starting training?

thanks
    Mags

Mags | Jan 21, 2010 @ 12:19 | Reply

35. Hi,

Just wondering what days training is on and what time??

Laoise | Jan 21, 2010 @ 16:18 | Reply

36. Hi @Aire, @Maressa, @Mags & @ANYONE

We hope that training will start shortly in February, keep looking here to find out more details.

Any body wanting to join us at anytime of the year is more than welcome, it really doesn’t matter if you can kick 50s off the ground or can only hand pass a meter.

Come play some football.

Ronan

Ronan | Jan 21, 2010 @ 16:30 | Reply

37. hey would it be possible to come and train with you during the week?i play for a team at home but cant get up for training?!

Donna | Jan 25, 2010 @ 19:29 | Reply

38. I would love to join a football team, are you taking new members? I am 27, new to Dublin and have played a little football (a very little).

Laura O Donovan | Sep 13, 2010 @ 17:25 | Reply

39. Hi Laura,

Thanks for leaving a comment. We are always looking for new players, so you are more than welcome!

We have a few matches left this year but that will be it until next spring. The next training is on in Bushy Park, Terenure, at 7pm on Wednesday.

Brian | Sep 13, 2010 @ 17:48 | Reply

40. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.

Nuovo stile Iron-Gray | Aug 1, 2015 @ 01:53 | Reply