Player Profile – Patrick Koucheravy

RANELAGH Gaels’ favourite American (well, our second favourite American after Homer Simpson) is the latest to fall victim to our Player Profile spotlight.

This Eurovision Song Contest fan is one of the most popular members of the club given his dedication since taking up Gaelic football just three years ago.

Here you can find out why he loves Sarah Palin nearly as much as his lovely wife Grace and read about this former army man’s plans for a Russian invasion.

Name: Patrick Koucheravy

Age: 29

Hometown/club: Fairfax, Virginia, USA (near Washington, DC)

Occupation: Economist/researcher

Facebook status: ‘Three people get capped in five minutes in a movie. Grace: “So far this is &$€£# awesome!” I love this woman.’

Position (keep it clean!): Full forward [“GET BACK ON THE SQUARE, PAT!”] and occasional trainer

Joined the Gaels: January 2008

Best Liam O’Hagan quote: “Ah, Pat, you were getting great ball out there, lovely ball — you just did shite with it!”

Favourite Gaels memory: My first goal at Bushy Park

First three songs on your ipod/MP3 on shuffle: Star of the County Down by the Pogues, Slave Driver by Converge, I Am Beyond by Black Breath

Last decent film you saw: The Town

Black porter or red wine: Black porter

Hot dogs or hot stew: Hot stew

X-Factor or Frontline: I’d rather throw my face on something sharp than watch another episode of X-Factor.

Favourite All-Ireland Talent Show judge: Nice try lads.

Sarah Palin or Mary Harney: I love to hate Sarah Palin, so much so that my wife is starting to get worried. Harney just can’t compete with the level of stupid that Palin brings.

The better economist – Eddie Hobbs or David McWilliams: I don’t always like his style, but David McWilliams seems to know what’s what lately.

American football or rugby: Rugby union, without a doubt.

What would make Gaelic football better – cheerleaders or timeouts: Cheerleaders. Timeouts would make Gaelic as painful to watch as baseball on TV.

Least favourite thing about Junior football: Inconsistent and unreliable referees.

The Gaels player that should take over as Taoiseach and why: Conor Harnett, because if anyone got out of line in the Dáil it could be settled with a loud “FOR F#&%’S SAKE, ______!”

taken after I counted the 5 million dinar we found in an al-Qaeda bomb-maker's front yard.

You’ve just won the €7,300 top prize in the Ranelagh Gaels Club Lotto – you spend the money on: A trip on the Trans-Siberian and Trans-Mongolian Railroads from Moscow to Beijing, first class.

In ten years time the Gaels will be: Changing in proper dressing rooms rather than under the nearest tree in Bushy Park.

Playing Junior C Football for Ranelagh Gaels is great because: The GAA is an organisation unlike any other in the world and the Ranelagh Gaels are a great group of people. I can’t imagine walking into any other club — or any other sport — as a total beginner and being welcomed like I have been

14 Comment(s)

1. Let me just get ahead of the pack on this and say that both Tadhg and I need jerseys that fit. Jaysus….

Big Pat | Jan 18, 2011 @ 10:29 | Reply

2. I think the phrase goes something like……

FOR F#&%’S SAKE, JER!”

Pat, technically although it was disallowed but I thought your first goal was in Hollywood when decided to fist the ball into the net. 🙂

Conor | Jan 18, 2011 @ 11:10 | Reply

3. But if Conor was to become Taoiseach (and he would be enormously unpopular if his training sessions were anything to go by!!), who would be the Micheal Martin and lead the push against him?

My money is on ‘For F*&k Sake’ Jer.

Peter | Jan 18, 2011 @ 13:06 | Reply

4. Id be worried what measures Mr. Harnett would introduce for the female TD’s!

Worried Female TD | Jan 18, 2011 @ 13:15 | Reply

5. I can assure you Pat that the committee will take your point on board about the introduction of Cheerleaders at Bushy Park.

On the note about Conor in Government would it not be better for Jer to be Taoiseach and Conor somewhere in the back benches. Meaning Conor doesn’t really have to do a whole pile but shout at Jer.

Pat have you ever attended The All-Ireland Talent Show?

Ronan M | Jan 18, 2011 @ 13:27 | Reply

6. I agree Pat – new jerseys are badly needed.

Tadhg | Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:37 | Reply

7. Ronan, I have indeed seen a taping of the All-Ireland Talent Show. Why do you ask?

Big Pat | Jan 20, 2011 @ 17:07 | Reply

8. I think the Gaels should audition. A demonstration of our hand passing and kick passing would surely leave the judges in awe.

It would also raise the clubs profile a bit.

Pat any ideas on how to apply?

John P | Jan 21, 2011 @ 14:34 | Reply

9. Appearing on The All-Ireland Talent Show would certainly raise the club’s profile. And though we may not leave the judges (one of whom I have met, lovely woman) in awe, we’ll certainly give them a laugh.

Pat – get on it and get us an application form.

Peter | Jan 21, 2011 @ 16:11 | Reply

10. Sounds like someone has a thing for Amanda B.

Corky | Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:14 | Reply

11. Anyone know if we have a game at the weekend?

Game at weekend? | Feb 2, 2011 @ 13:49 | Reply

12. @Game at weekend?
    Yes and their will be a game on every weekend for the next seven weekends so keep your diary free and stay out of coppers!!!!

Week-end games Co-ordinator | Feb 2, 2011 @ 15:57 | Reply

13. Hi there do you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re working together with?
    I’ve loaded your site in 3 completely different web browsers and
    I must say this blog loads a good deal quicker then most.

Is it possible to suggest a great web hosting provider at a fair price?
    Kudos, I appreciate it!

DamonFDupass | May 29, 2016 @ 14:12 | Reply

14. billiga fotbollströjor \n We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You’ve performed an impressive activity and our entire group shall be fotbollstrojor sverigen grateful to you.|

billiga fotbollströjor | Mar 17, 2017 @ 16:17 | Reply